ANN ARBOR + DETROIT + ELSEWHERE WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER
I believe everyone deserves beautiful photos that are authentic to you as individuals and as a couple, to preserve your history and help you remember what your wedding day felt like, not just what it looked like. If that excites you, if you’re more interested in authentic interactions than stiff poses, and invested in having extremely awesome wedding photos, we’ll be a great match. Being photographed can definitely be awkward but I’m great at turning the weirdness into sweetness and fun! I’ve been told I have a gift of putting people at ease, helping them be in the moment and actually enjoy being photographed on such an exciting day!
I approach photographing from a storytelling perspective, documenting how it might feel to be alive in the very second the photograph captures. My aim is to create lasting images while getting to know and connecting with the people I photograph – every story is unique and learning who you are and what you love will help us make amazing photos together. Stealthily, I record your day without getting in the way. I capture the unique moments that are the true you, together, individually and with your people (and lots of true thems, as well), to create honest, emotionally-charged photos and a true documentation of your day.
My philosophy: rules are for breaking. Kids behave best during photo sessions when their parents ignore them. And when I let them make some silly faces. It’s okay to get your dress a little dirty if it’s for an amazing shot. Hire a photographer you trust and who’s work makes you melt. Make a complete shot list for family portraits. Don’t wear white if you don’t want to. First looks rule. Print your photos.
- I shoot in a candid/documentary style – posing is minimal, though I do value family portraits.
- When I’m not shooting, I can be found having dance parties in the kitchen, listening obsessively to the Big Little Lies soundtrack and scheming how to keep groundhogs from eating my garden.
- I’ve photographed weddings from Switzerland to Tulum! I’m looking forward to taking on more destination weddings now that my kids aren’t itty bittys anymore.
- I have a husband and two daughters. They’re the loves of my life.
- You can follow along with my recent work here: FB and here: @instagram/firstcomeslovephoto
- GET IN TOUCH